Tags

,

finished up the fascia and roof patching on the porch. hopefully good enough to see us through the winter.

photo 5

grampa mike and i cut off the old fascia boards and trimmed back the rotting edge of the roof. then we slapped on some 1×6 paneling we had lying around in the basement to build it up again. again, we had some tar in the basement, so used all 5 gallons to recreate the roof and hopefully point the water somewhat towards the roof drain. then we added some new flashing and capped each end of our castle with a turret. the total cost of the repairs was about $70.

photo 1  photo 5 (2) photo 1 (2)photo 3

let’s finish with a question…

update: i went ahead and painted it anyway… and coated the roof with premium aluminum roof coating.

519 ceiling 2photo 11519 porch roof